Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:00:04 -0500
My ferret got ECE last year, but managed to pull through ok.  (She still
has occasional loose stools.) Now, I used to give her a little laxative
formula prior to the ECE, but now I'm afraid to do so since her stools
are loose already, and I'm wondering if it is really necessary.

Also, when she passes on to the bridge (and hopefully, that will not be
for a long time) I will discontinue my ownership of ferrets....it is just
too darn hard to lose them.  Anyway, if the cage is thoroughly sprayed
with bleach, can I donate the cage to a shelter?  I would hate for a
shelter to get ECE if they have not had it already.  How do I insure that
the cage is free from ECE?  (I made the cage from wood and wire.)

Thanks,
Liz