From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 18:07:18 -0800
Hi Dayna.  Oh, you've got me crying again... I'd call him Miracle, or the
Best Little Angel... when I was little there was this magical book about the
"Best Little Angel".  I only remember that the "Best Little Angel" had
trouble proving it, but in the end triumphed... the drawings were beautiful,
golden, full of light and soft colors, love and warmth... everything the
sweetheart in your story has found.

Or Odysseus... Odysseus, who, in Homer's great epic The Odyssey, learned,
and taught others through his great journey, that there was another,
nonviolent way of life, made possible by a new code of love, wit, and
intelligence... the epic before that, Homer's Iiad, showed man learning
again and again, through the Greek Trojan war, that violence begets
violence.  Your triumphant boy is like a little light in the darkness of
violence, as was Odysseus.

Little Odysseus, a pure "ode" or "odyssey" to peace...

I met a nice Mexican man once, a sterling man with blue eyes and olive skin,
who wanted to live in the U.S.  His father was a dentist in a villa in
Mexico but this man, Odysseus, could not legally come to the U.S.  He came
though, and he worked very, very hard, and was very kind and fun loving...
more deservant of our country than many others... my story with him ends
there, but I think, wherever he is, my blue-eyed dark-haired Odysseus is
happy, prosperous, and truely peaceful.

Little Odysseus.

Lynn Mc.