From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 18:32:08 -0500
Well, I finally made it home Friday afternoon, just in time for a shower and
then off to a graduation party for Elizabeth.  Gosh was she beautiful, quite
stunning.  A definate keeper.  The next day, it was off for the graduation
ceremonies.  Elizabeth read a poem she wrote, and I stood like Ward Cleaver,
videotaping the whole mess with a huge grin on my face.

The 17 ferrets went nuts when I came in.  I felt like I was in a barrel full
of weasels, all snaking around my lower extremities and nipping that sweet
spot just above the sock at the back of the ankle.  They were wild for
several hours after my return, and all seemed to feorget where the toliet
was.  Rather, where the liter box was; it was obvious the toliet was
anywhere they stopped.

At last count, I have more than 420 e-mails to sort through, so if something
is important, I recommend you repost to me rather than wait until I wade
through the existing pile.  I have a couple of papers returned for revision,
so will be concentrating on that for the next few days.  I am also
liquidating my dads "empire" and will be quite busy doing that as well.  So
be patient for answers to the email.

I wanted to thank the FML members who sent cards and letters related to the
passing of my father.  They were very sweet and kind, and I appricated the
donations of monies to ferret shelters in his name.  Also, thanks for the
number of messages concerning Elizabeth's graduation.  Again, very nice.  As
payment, I will try to be nice for a day or so.

In just over a week, I leave for Weasel Town (Washington DC) for work at the
Smithsonian.  I expect to be there from 1 to 3 weeks, but have a hard time
telling the exact time because I am unsure of the exact amount of work I
will be doing.  I will know much better after a few days of work.  In any
case, I appricate the number of offers form people wanting me to use their
floor, and will be contacting you soon.  If anyone else wants me to drop by,
let me know as soon as possible.  I missed seeing several people in CaCa
Land because they e-mailed me after I left, and I was having very difficult
problems accessing my e-mail from the road.  Sooner is better.

Thanks again for the letters and such about my dad's death.

Bob C and the 17 Mo' Ferrets.