From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:45:50 -0500
k, with tounge firmly planted in cheek, does anything think that ferret
size is based on the ferret's job?  Around my house, 4 of my 5 ferrets are
normal size, most of them rescues, where I've been happy to see littly
bellies growing and fur filling in.  But!, I have this ferret Gossamer, who
is also a rescue, who was this skinny little runt when he first moved in
and terrified of Odo and Quark (my big boys).  Now Gos, after spending many
a playtime with my dog Anais, pretty much rules the house, sleeps in the
same bed with the other boys, etc..  gained about half a pound and seems to
be still growing!  This is over the year that we've had him, but he's like
jello belly.  He's very healthy and incredibly active, but I'm wondering
that since his job around here is "Ferret who dog drags around by the
tail", he has this fat for padding.  They really do play nice together and
he is not afraid of her at all, but sometimes when she's carrying him, she
bonks his head (or any other part not in her mouth) against a wall when
turning a corner too fast, or bonks him carrying him up the stairs.

What do you think - the ferret has extra padding for being the puppy toy?
This is a picture of them together about six months ago,
http://www.furph.com/dog/IMAGE010.jpg, and he's even bigger now

beckers
Odo, Quark, Figment, Gossamer, Nate