From:
sandra robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 06:46:21 -0500
When I go to the vets or a long distance trip with ferrets. I bungie
cord strap them into the back seat, floorboards & if needed, the front
floorboards. I always put throw rugs there first so as not to get the
heated floorboard to heat up the carriers. Put covers over the carriers
so the sun doesn't warm them. I had a bigger car once but now have a
Honda Civic. I also have on back & front windsheilds, a index card with
phone #'s of someone to come & get ferrets if in an accident. First
listed are my local vets. If I'm going to say, Fl then I put my Fl
vets name & # on it. And people to contact to take in said ferrets
if needed. I also have my personal imfo there, as in to call my son.
And I've already called whomever I'm visiting & let them know I've
departed & what time I should arrive. If I have a delay, I call them.

This will help any EMS's or police faster than going thru your wallet.
And I've done this for years.

--
Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter

Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice