Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 10:00:11 -0700
Thank you all so much for replying to me.  I'm still a little confused on
some things so I will post them here.  Skippy just turned 4 this year.  The
vet did two tests on her one for glucose (which he said came back normal,
He didn't tell me the number) and one for insulin levels (that was the
number that was 65 and he said that the insulin levels are supposed to be
between 5 and 20 unless I heard him wrong).  If that is the case then
doesn't skippy have to much insulin?  Is insulinoma to much or to little
insulin?  The doctor said that it was the same as diabetes but that the
pancreas puts out to much insulin due to the tumors.  Is that correct?

I will tell you here also that he quoted her surgery between $600 and
$1000 so that's why I'm having a hard time coming up with the money.
Unfortunately, They are one of I think only two or three vets in Nashville
that do ferrets.  If the surgery was only $200 to $300 I would do it in a
heart beat just to make sure.  Bugsy's surgery (they removed an enlarged
spleen and an adrenal gland) ran me $740.

Before I opt for surgery I would like to be a little less confused.  I am
going today to pick up her medication.

Cherri