Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:26:26 -0700
Sorry I've been out of touch all.  As I read through old FML's, I see
many broken hearts that I have neglected to send a word or two of
condolence.  My apologies to you.  It's been one of those lives for me
lately.  Some have bad days.  I'm convinced sometimes that I'm just
having a bad life!  LOL.  I hope the following story will make up for
my absence.

As usual, these furry little braniacs never cease to amaze me.  For the
past month, they have developed a new fascination for the kitchen trash
can.  A veritable smorgasbord of sights and smells lured my furkids to
the edge and through the flap of the kitchen trash can.  I can not begin
to tell you how many fuzzbutts reeking of last night's leftovers I have
pulled from the end result of their escapades." Dear God, Autumn...tomato
sauce!!!!???  Don't you know how hard it is to remove mustard stains from
a fur coat?" My pleas fell on deaf fuzzy ears as Autumn, Albi and Sam
pursued their antics.  Yes, once inside, there is really no way out short
of mom coming to the rescue.  Much to the surprise of a group of four who
landed inside "the trash monster" one night a couple weeks ago.  This
time they would be rewarded with an extended stay at the Dis Comfort Inn.

Approximately two hours later, a little gnawing feeling drew me into the
kitchen..a feeling beside the one that demanded midnight ice cream.
Little scratching noises became louder as I neared the kitchen.  This
would definitely explain the four noses missing from roll call tonight.
Four pathetic faces there never was.  Looking up from the kitchen
landfill, little eyes pleaded to be rescued.  Their new sweet aroma (as
if they needed one of those) combined with the sweat of four weasels
clawing for escape to form a perfume that would stand tall to a hob in
rut.

I vowed to do something about the trash issue.  Thankfully I had to do
very little.  My mom had just purchased a set of Magic Kan's and for all
intensive purposes they seemed to be weasel proof.  For those of you that
are not familiar with this new concept in trash disposal, allow me to
enlighten you.  A pedal must be pushed to pop up the lid.  Inside is a
66 foot long trash bag with a razor cutter in the door allowing you to
dispose of as much or as little trash as you want at any given time.
It truly is a beautiful thing.  I danced through the front door with my
new ferret proof trash can, sporting a smile mimicking our old TV fave
Hazel and chanting to my fuzzy little loves with teasing sing song.  I
had one up'ed them once again.  (Mistake # 1)  I delighted even further
in giving them front row observation seats as I set up the new mischief
proof disposall, laughing out loud as they looked on.  Mu hahahahhah.
(Mistake #2)

Had I been paying attention I would have noticed that Albi was taking
notes and Autumn was mapping out a plan of her own.  I am thankful
however that the revenge was slight with minimal damage.  No one but a
ferret companion would beleive what I witnessed in the next ten minutes.
I like to call it the christening of the MagicKan.  Albi approached the
trash can and as he looked me dead in the eye, placed a little white
paw on the pedal of the can.  Disbeleif does not even come close to
describing what raced through my head.  In just a few minutes of quiet
observation, he had figured it all out and did not hesitate to let me
know about it.  Still I laughed on as he lacked one tiny thing that would
help him accomplish his mission.  Weight.  He did not have enough weight
in his paw to open the can.  I snickered at his futile attempt and walked
off forgetting that the weasel always has the final word.  An hour later
I returned to find Albi's opinion of the new device in the form of a
little yellow puddle laying dead on the lid of the MagicKan.  A calling
card of pee covered the lid .  Ya gotta admire their temerity if nothing
else.  You will never find a weasel waving a white flag of defeat.

"Yes," says Albi.  "This is my final word."

Kim at SUMS

"I have no doubt that all living beings have souls but when I see how
humans treat our animal companions, it is evident that the complete
absence of soul and heart frequents only the human of beings.".

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue