From:
Rose Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:24:32 -0700
Hi guys! Long time no message. I have some terrible news and I don't
know what to do about it...I'd like some advice or help from any of
you living in the Washington State area...

No matter what apartment I have applied for out here on the olympic
peninsula, NONE of them allow ferrets. I'm at my last straw and I don't
know what to do...I can't keep couch surfing for years... I have four
ferrets, and I am terrified of them being given to someone who won't
take care of them, and them all being separated...

I have four furrkids, two pairs of boys and girls...the first set I
got is Percy (4) and Maggie (4)... followed by Zeus (4) and Sugars
(4)... They should at least be kept in two pairs....

Is there anyone who would be willing to give my babies a forever home?
I am heartbroken that I am even thinking of giving them up, but I don't
know what to do...I promised them a full life with ME alone, but I
don't know how I can fulfill that promise, if no renters here will
allow me... I applied to low income apartments here, and they said, "We
don't accept ferrets because they are rodents." I said, "Excuse me?
They are weasels..." I take very good care of my babies, and when they
aren't safely in their cage, I have a large play area, with a bottom
cover in case they have any accidents.... So I don't understand what
the problem is with renters.. I feel like this is some kind of
discrimination! Why should I have to give up my babies, when they would
be just fine with a cat or dog pissing on the carpets? What do you guys
do in this situation, and should I give them up or wait another 3-4
years? I would be 25 by then and still living at home...YIKES...anyone
have any ideas?