Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 04:27:28 -0800
>I'm curious.  How CAN I virtually eliminate the need for veterinary
>dental visits?  I see this at the end of Kim F's posts, and I'd like to
>know.  If it's not appropriate for the answer to be posted on the FML..

Of course it's appropriate to be posted to the FML. Why would it not be?

I attended a ferret show last spring and was introduced to Oxyfresh
healthcare products.  The company has a variety of products for pets and
people and have been in business for many years.  What impressed me most
was their dental products for pets.  I think we all know what it's like
to try and brush our pet's teeth....not to mention the fuzzbutts.  I
think the instructions for brushing ferret teeth goes something like
this:

Arrange the following supplies on a flat secure surface, within arm's
length of you and ferret:

3 King Size Towels, tooth paste, tooth brush, 1/2 gallon of water ( the
reason for this will become apparent AFTER you try applying tooth paste
to your ferret's mouth)

1) Gently scruff ferret with one hand.
2) With two remaining hands, apply tooth paste to tooth brush.
3) Commence tooth brushing by holding ferret's mouth open with one of
   three remaining hands and brushing with the third.
4) Using one of the towels and 1/2 gallon of water, wipe your face,
   floors, ceilings, countertops and walls free of toothpaste.
5) Retrieve ferret from hidey hole and repeat.

You get the idea.  Without proper oral hygiene we all know that they will
eventually wind up at the dentist's office for cleanings, extractions
etc.  Discomfort for them and mega$$$ from our pocket books.  My vet
charges $100 for one cleaning.  I saw before and after pictures of ferret
teeth that had started the Oxyfresh dental regimen.  Before using the
products, this ferret's teeth were disgusting with gingivitis etc. and
a couple looked like they needed to be extracted.  The Oral Hygiene
Solution actually REVERSED the damage, cleaning up the teeth and
restoring health to the gums.  It seemed too good to be true.  I was so
impressed and since the distributor was a respected shelter operator, I
signed up to be a distributor as well.  Over the next few weeks, I
watched one of my ferret's teeth and was truly amazed.  The gumline began
to heal and the tartar slowly disappeared.  And it was sooo easy to do!
A couple teaspoons of Oral Hygiene Solution in their water bottle and
weekly use of the dental gel actually restored his teeth and gums to
health and the cost is only pennies a day.  I use the dental gel weekly
on the furkids and it is sooooo much easier than toothpaste as it is
odorless and tasteless.  It is safe to use on all of your companion
animals.  If I can answer any more questions for you or you are
interested in ordering, feel free to contact me.

Kim at SUMS

Fuzzy Hugs from Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Ask me how you can virtually eliminate the need for veterinary dental
visits.