From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 18:08:40 EST
Myself, I would hate to see this Maryland case dropped. I think it's important
to let health departments know that people are not going to let incidents like
this pass once the publicity has died down.

Someone mentioned having John Neil removed by the governor--I think it would be
worth it to flood the governor's office with complaints, even if it's just to
let him know that people are outraged by what happened. Can someone post the
governor's name and address (as well as John Neil's; myself, I'd rather write
than call.) Thanks.

Also, I think a lawsuit is an *excellent* idea. It would take a real commitment
of time and resources, but if there are people able to pursue it, it could be
very effective. It would be great to get some of the large animal groups
involved if they thought it was worth it. Nobody wants to have the threat of a
lawsuit hanging over their head; even if they win, it's a real pain in the neck
for them to have to deal with it. Most important, it could cause health
departments across the country to think twice before doing anything like this
again.

My heart goes out to this young girl whose ferret it was. It would be nice if
there were a way to express sympathy to her.

Cinderella, Norm & Ralph's mom in Mass.