From:
Robert Fein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 09:16:58 -0600
    My poor hyperactive weasul, Rascal, is in bad shape.  He was at a ferret
show about two weeks ago and the combination of all the fun of playing with
other ferrets, eating their food, and the recent HEAT wave (95 degrees for
1.5 weeks, off for 2-3 days and on since Friday) has caused him to initially
have vomiting and still have diarrhea.  He wouldn't eat for 3-4 days.  He
lost appreciable body weight.  BTW: He has all the water he wants and drinks
regularly from it.
    The good news is he's eating, but only a little (4 kibbles in a 6-7 hour
night).  I tried to hand feed him some oatmeal with 100% lactose free milk;
he was very interested but only ate 1/2 a teaspoon.  He also is sleeping
much more often and longer.

    Am I doing the right things?  Will he just starve to death? Am I just
keeping him in discomfort?

     --Robert M. Fein
These are my opinions alone.  Nobody else can have them!
"I Drank WHAT?!?!?!" -- Socrates
"Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your own way."