From:
Tracy Tye Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2013 15:43:04 +0000
Dear Friends,

Our ferret sanctuary, the shelter, is currently quarantined due to a
confirmed out-break of Canine Distemper. Canine Distemper has a 100%
mortality rate. While we deal with trying to save as many lives of
the current shelter ferrets as we can, on a temporary basis, we can
no longer take in ferrets or adopt ferrets out.

We anticipate the shelter being quarantined until approximately
December 2013. During the interim that we are quarantined, we are
attempting to make arrangements to temporarily house incoming ferrets
at another location. If you need to surrender your ferret immediately
and cannot wait, please contact our shelter at 708-442-8650, and make
arrangements. We will take in your ferret and give them proper care
and love.

The GCFA is run by all volunteers and has been open caring for
homeless, abandoned, and abused ferrets for 25 years. Throughout those
years, we as an organization have saved and cared for over 7100
ferrets. Please keep us in mind in during this crisis and don't abandon
us. Together we can get through this tragedy and continue caring for
thousands more!

Sincerely,
GCFA Board of Directors

~Tracy Tye Stephens~