From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 05:28:26 -0800
Hi All,

I am feeling very upset at this but Lightstar seems ill once again.  I will
take him to the vet today but wanted to get any and all advice I can from
the DOCS here and anyone else having gone thru this.

If you recall Light had a very large spleen removed about a month ago.  I
realized he was ill because he began to attack other ferrets with a
vengeance and he seemed to told me in his way that his tummy hurt when I
picked him up.  Now he is attacking once again and when I scruffed him for
it the skin stayed up so he seems to be quite dehydrated.  I fed him water
thru a syringe and he drank a fair amount.

My main question is to the DOCS.  Is there a test or many that could be run
to rule out other things and what are they called exactly?  I believe there
is a test for the cancers, adrenal disease, and others too.  Please let me
know what they are called and if any of you DOCS would correspond with my
doc please e-mail me for his e-mail address and phone number here in Boise.

THANKS to everyone.  Light needs you.

*          Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House        *
*          President & Founder of  * F.A.N.G.*      *
*        (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)   *
*          Location : Boise, Idaho                  *
*  I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday! *
*  All they want is lots of love and great chow.    *
*          Idiocy is our only option!               *
*      Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak           *