Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 13:40:50 -0500
Today was another beautiful soft whispery day at de Rainbow Bridge.
Ferrets were just playing quietly. Some were windsurfing in de lily
pond. But not me. I am SaraFerret, the Bridgegreeter. And today was
supposed to be another day off. But somehow I was told by the Boss
dat de other bridgegreeters were off to de North Country visiting
de ermines or were otherwise busy..

As I trotted toward de bridge entrance, I noticed a new, unknown sable
ferret coming toward me. (SHOCK AND AWE!---HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? Never
before had this happened, that I had missed a ferret at de bridge
entrance). Quick like a ferret, I blocked her path. Hi, I introduces
myself, I am SaraFerret, the bridgegreeter, are you a newly arrived
ferret? Sure enough, she replies, I am Frejya, furdaughter of Mommy
Laryssa and I just crosses de bridge. No one was dere, so I just came
on thru. (OH, THE SHAME OF IT--I thought to myself). We chatted for a
bit about her quick appearance. She says, well Mommy says de fuzzy dr
tells her I has lymph somting. Ok, I tells Frejya, dats what I passed
over de bridge from also. Oh yeah, she says, is that so, guesses a
lots of us crosses from dat.

Frejya, dere are a few of your business here already, dya know dat. She
looks at me, and says, Really! Just den a really long thin brown ferret
came up beside us and introduces herself, Hi all, I am Zip. I remembers
you, Frejya, dya remembers me? We used to share cages together. Well
right then dere was a happy reunion. Wardancing, leaps of happiness,
no one was alone anymore. They were a family again. Even though their
earth mommy wasnt there someone they knew was with them. After the
leaps were over and dey calmed down, I noticed Frejya's very heavy
secret backpack. Hey girlfriend, whatcha got's. She looks at me slyly
and says, do I have to give my things up? No of course not, I am just
like any ferret, nosey. (Unlike humans, ferrets can take whatever they
can stuff into dere secret backpacks when dey cross de bridge). We
unzipped it and dere was a blue fuzzy hat and one squeaky toy. We all
looks at de tings. Hey cool was our comments. Den we stuffed de toys
back in de pack.

The wings were esp selected by Frejya and of course dey were blue with
black streaks thruout. And of course de beautiful golden halo.

Together we ran down de garden path to some of de places at de bridge.
What to show her first. Zip opted for de otter mudslide. No one on it
today. Much too warm. But Frejya admitted it looks like fun. Den over
to de snack and fruit bar where she saw all de food available. And den
we came by de misting pond. I swished de water and a vision appeared.
Both Frejya and Zip saw their Mommy Laryssa who was crying big tears
over the loss of her furries. Oh my, please dont cry Mommy, they said,
we are both ok now, no pain now, no suffering, no litter pans, we can
run and plan in green grass, we can fly like de wind. All of a sudden
another ferret appeared by Frejya and Zip's side. Angel who had
recently crossed. Hey what is going on here. Hiya fuzzies, whats
happening! (I could see this was gonna be a major reunion in a few
mnutes). So all of chatted a minute before the big swish happened.
Together, dey made a big promise to Mommy Laryssa and sent it by
shooting star, dat one day in de future, a ferret or two or three may
appear in her dreams and she would know by dere musty smells or a feel
of a scratchy whisker on her cheek dat dey had been dere or she might
even see a vision of dem in de wind. And den with another swish, de
vision of Mommy Laryssa was gone.

And den we continued on down de garden path toward 10 Laryssa Park
where I am sure wardancing and partying would continue for eternity.

As for me, since I missed meeting a ferret at de Bridge, I was totally
embarrassed. As I trotted back toward de Bridge entrance, a big voice
spoke to me and said, SaraFerret, you made no error, you werent
supposed to be on duty today. Another greeter was supposed to be on
duty. But they got overwhelmed by so many crossings and one slipped by.
But as you always said, ferrets are always greeted and you did manage
to greet the ferret. You will notice that that ferret just got a few
feet from de bridge entrance before you noticed she was a new ferret.
Well, yes I says. Well, then, just carry on, SaraFerret, just go on and
be your own bouncy self, dont take everything to heart. After all this
is the Rainbow Bridge.

So with a new and happy heart, I bounced and wardanced my way to
de bridge entrance and even dooked with de new boy courier ( who I
imagine was shocked beyond dooks).

Loveys and hugs