From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 01:14:22 -0700
We hardly ever bathe the ferrets, mostly because it's a big hassle and to be
honest, I don't think we have enough towels.  We have a very nice ferret
shampoo and conditioner (made by PPP) which is great, but it can be pricey
when you have 7 ferrets.  So we use everything from Joico and Sebastian to
Body Shop shampoos, especially the Baby one.  It smells great and is very
gentle on little ferret coats as well.  In the past, I have mostly washed my
ferrets in whatever shampoo I happen to be using at the moment and that has
always seemed perfectly reasonable to me.  If it's good enough for people,
it's GOT to be god enough for ferrets (who are FAR pickier).

BooBoo is very dissapointed that Tater didn't like the snow, since he
absolutely adores it.  He's been hanging around the front door for days,
wondering when I'm going to throw it wide and let him go snorkeling.
Instead, all we got is yucky rain.  There were a few flakes last week when
we were shopping at Ikea and we rushed home as fast as we could and it
stopped.  *sigh*.  Poor BooBoo.  Instead I bought the ferrets some
Ferretrail tubes to go with the big hated yellow ferret ball and demanded
they play with it.  I find these tubes are a lousy design and don't all
properly connect and are probably not worth the money ($30.00 for two tubes
is a little steep for me).  Although they are big enough even for Milo to
crawl in, which leads me to my next point...

Milo is a great big fatso.  He weighs just over 6lbs although he as neutered
and descented at a teeny weeny size (hard to believe he was ever teeny
weeny).  He's HUGE, and he's only 7 months old.  Is this just baby fat?
Because I have never raised a ferret that turned out like this before and I
was getting pretty sure someone crossed a ferret with a medium sized wild
cat and Milo was the result.  He's really got a big ole butt and he eats
like Iams is going out of style.  He's still extremely active and ges around
fine but he's about twice the size of everybody else in the house (people
included).  Is he going to lose this in the spring?  Am I going to have to
put Fatso on a diet?  I tried taking him out in his new Sherpa bag the other
day and my shoulder got tired from lugging him around.  I think he's been
secretly getting into the fridge at nights, which would explain why I can't
find my leftovers anywhere...

Sheena, BooBoo the Snow Shark, Great Big Fatso Milo and 5
other sleeping ferrets
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >