From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 14:30:34 -0700
Ferret neuters as are with most neuters are relatively simple and a quick
procedure.  I have assisted in tons of neuters.  I have even watched my own
stallion get gelded, and he literally jumped up when the vet was done..as
my dogs munched down on..forget it.  anyway, spaying females is alot more
intrusive and the recovery time is a bit longer.  I just had my two hobs
neutered and they acted like nothing had happened..which I FIND weird, but
hey, that's me.  Of course they are still acting the same...I cant wait
till they STOP.  AS WITH any surgery keeping the animal quiet and confined
is usually a good rule of thumb.  ALWAYS check the surgical site for
redness, swelling, discharge, foul odor..if the animal has stitches, make
sure they are not pulling on them, licking a bit is okay, it helps the
"wound" heal.

I hope this helps.  June