From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:15:48 -0500
>Consider: They expect subscription money on time.  They don't send
>a magazine if people don't pay.  They wouldn't send me a magazine
>if I promised that payment would, eventually, arrive at some later
>date.  Why should it always be so acceptable that they cash our
>checks and then don't deliver the product until they get around to
>putting it together??
>something and have not delivered it or been in contact.  A lot of
>people sent them $27 and have nothing to show for it. That's bad
>business no matter who you are.  Worse to never get in touch, then

I could not agree more.  Not knowing that they were having problems at the
time, I subscribed for the first time in December.  Now, good customer
service would require that they send me some notice that there would be
a delay, and that they hold or refuse my payment until they can deliver
the magazine again.  However, in January, they charged my card for the
subscription, knowing full well that they could not deliver the magazine
yet.

This, my friends, is actionable fraud.  They have charged for a service
that has not been delivered.  Before anyone flames me for that statement,
note that I HAVE been patient, and am showing basic human compassion for
their problems.  But realize that I have never met and do not know Mary
or Eric - to me this is purely a business transaction.

Mary seems to have time to update the weblog with funny stories.  Could
not that time have been used to send updates to their customers instead?

One more question: when - and if - the magazine starts again, will I
receive a full year of issues, or did my year start back in December
when I paid?

Like others around here, I will not consider renewing.  Good customer
service is vital to continued business, and I haven't received that.  I
have paid for a product that I have never received.  Not even a single
$27 issue.

Roger
Digger, Bear, Fox and Sniffles