Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:57:06 -0700
I found an article in the FML archives on ADV test kits.  It was from
Danee DeVore (dated 22 Jul 2002).  It said that there have been some
problems with the Avecon POCT test but not details.  I tried sending
him email asking what the problems were.  Unfortunately, AOL bounced
the email saying that that user was not accepting email from sender (me).
I guess some spam filters work too well?

I would like to know if the problems include the following.  False
positive or false negative results?  Is there a way to reduce the
problems by changing the test procedures?

I tried getting this information off line but didn't get anywhere so I am
hoping someone on this list can help me.  Any ferret shelters out there
that have used the Avecon POCT test and can give me some information
would be appreciated.

I would really like our new arrival to meet our resident but _not_ until
I get an ADV test done.  Our vet couldn't get the test performed locally
so I am going to do the POCT test.  I'll have our vet send a blood sample
to United test but the results might not get back until after Christmas!

Thanks!

--
William M. Davidson

1704 Blume, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
505 294 4571

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they
don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers