From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 23:08:40 -0500
I saw the following quote from Thomas Jefferson in one of my magazines, and
it struck me as being *so* appropriate for the changes in rabies legislation
currently underway:

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but
laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human
mind.  As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries
are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the
change of circumstances, institutions must also advance to keep pace with
the times.  We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which
fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen
of their ancestors."

Now on to the *important* stuff.  : )

I swear, one of mine acts cute to avoid punishment.  Polly is a serious
carpet shark, and if I pick her up to get her to stop, she just starts
kissing my chin.  ("Love you mommy!" *kiss* *kiss* *kiss* *kiss* *kiss*...)
So then, naturally, I don't want to discipline her, (after all, that might
discourage her from giving kisses!) Little fur-fiend, she knows what she's
doing!  And I'm convinced if I held her further away from my face, she'd
find some other cute way to weasel her way back into my good graces.  Or
stretch her little pink tongue reaaallllly far!

For more cuteness, try taking two ferrets and putting a dab of Petromalt on
the nose of each one, high up enough so they can't lick if off themselves,
then put them face to face and watch them wash each others faces off!  Get
the camera ready first!  :-)

-Ilena Ayala
Katie ("Polly, hold still, I can't get it all off if you keep squirming")=

Polly *dig* *dig* *dig*  "Hi Mommy!"  *kiss*  *kiss*  *kiss*...