From:
Judi Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 14:59:05 -0500
First, may I thank Linda Doran for calling me a good mom.  I have to say that
these 5 lads have added so much to my life, that being a good mom is just so
easy.  Thank you for the compliment.  Also, to Fitch and his family, my hopes
are with the little baby.  May he be totally recovered soon.  My "grandson"
Riley got very ill last year.  I noticed he was sleeping a bit more, but as
soon as I noticed a bright orange/yellow tint to his urine, I packed him up
and ran him to our wonderful vet, Diane.  After she examined him and ran the
normal tests, she found the problem to be liver damage.  I don't know the
details, but he was quite sick for quite a long time, and Diane was preparing
me for the worst.  She kept him at her office for what seemed like months,
but it was only a week, I believe.  I'd show up there early in the morning
before work and go back again right after work, just to hold him and tell him
how much his mommy and grandma love him.  Mommy was off at college in
Pittsburgh, and I was so terrified we were going to lose him.  He was put on
a couple of medications and I took him home.  Diane thought he'd be more
comfortable there.  A week later, Riley was doing his normal little ferrett
foxtrot with his pals.  Diane told me that she had never seen a ferret that
small recover from what she believed to be irreversible liver damage, and
that somehow she was sure the love he received was a part of it.  So, whoever
wrote the other day, asking if affection can do any good with a sick baby,
please believe me that it does indeed help.  Even when he was at the vet's
office, knowing that a familiar face was there, holding him and kissing him,
I'm sure boosted his spirits.  He just turned two years old in January, and
losing him would have been such a nightmare.  Love your babies in sickness
and in health, and I'm sure it will help.

You're a great bunch of ferret loving people, and I'm so happy I found you
all.

Judi Lunn