From:
Becky DiRusso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:06:29 -0400
Hi Lisa,

I am not sure what to tell you to use to block the stove, but I did want
to share something with you.  I posted this on the FML when it happened,
not sure if you were on here at the time.

In January, one of our ferrets, Ally, climbed into the stove from
underneath.  Somehow she got lodged in the back panel that houses all
the electrical cords and we couldnt get her out.  As we were desperately
trying to move the stove to unplug it, she evidently stepped on two wires
at once and was electrocuted.  I will never forget the screams she made.
I would hate to have a similar thing happen to anyone on this list, so
whatever you can do to keep them away from the stove, please do it!  If
you have to block the entire kitchen off, do it.  I wish I had done the
same thing for Ally...

At the time, someone had mentioned, I think, paving stones or some sort
of thin brick, that you could get at Home Depot.  You should be able to
slide those underneath the stove and they are heavy enough so that the
fuzzies cant pull them out.

Becky and Heather
The "A" team and Bob
Missing Ally, 1/6/02