From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 00:57:38 -0500
I know it seems like I asked this only a few months ago with the late
Paddington, but I'm having some trouble with with Mhaire and Kian accepting
Kyla Sienna.  Mhaire snaps at her just to be spiteful.  Kian tries to
wrestle with her.

I need some advice on a plan I have.  I've been told that the only way to
get them to integrate is to simply let them out together.  My intention is
to let the three of them loose in the bath room and let them work it out in
there with myself supervising.  I can break up attacks that look like
they're getting too rough.  The floor is all tile so it will be easy to
clean when Kyla skunks someone, and I can use the tub for time outs.  I'll
bring in food and water (for ferret and human consumtion and some blankest
for naps.  And there we'll sit until things are worked out.

Now, my major concern with this plan is Kyla.  She's skittish about being
touched on her back, and goes into absolute hesterics when Kian so much as
puts a paw on her back.  I suspect that this is because of her former owner.
For those of you not familiar with the story, this man was trying to breed
ferrets, and was terrified of them.  He would just toss a male into the cage
with a female, then yank the male out.  Something traumatic must have
happened during this process, and being grabbed in the back of the neck
upsets her.  I'm worried that my plan may do more to traunative her than
integrate her.

I would like other peoples input before I even consider putting this plan
into opperation.  Perhaps someone can suggest some modifications that would
give it a greater chance of success.

Either answer here or e-mail me.