Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:30:47 -0400
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any active ferret shelters or clubs (or even
ferret-friendly shelters or clubs) in Rhode Island or Vermont?  My research
has only turned up the names of groups that are apparently defunct (or at
least seem unreachable, though I tried to reach someone at RI's Ferret
Rescue today by phone).

I'd like to get them involved in the New England Ferrets Website.  It's
really taken off and already proven to be valuable as a local ferret
marketplace and social exchange.  The link is below.  There's also a link
there for the New England Ferret mailing list.  I will actually be
registering a domain name for it soon, since it's doing so well.

I am also discussing with folks on the email list the possibility of
changing it to the Northeast Ferrets Website, so we can include shelters,
owners, and clubs in NY and NJ since a bunch of us have contacts with them
too due to their geographic proximity.  But I/we aren't sure about that
yet..  NY and NJ folks can speak up to me if they want to!

Thanks! - Mike
Mike, Paula, Buddy, Dickens, Daisy, Sweet Pea, and Winter

New Englander Ferreteers Unite! Join the New England Ferrets
Mailing List at the New England Ferrets Website:
http://www.ziplink.net/~mninivag/ferrets