From:
Lori Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:52:44 +0000
Went to the vet with one sick little ferret the other day.  Vet diagnosed
giardia, ECE, AND colitis.  From my own reading I'm thinking colitis --
flagyl (giardia med) seems to make MoJo worse rather than better (and brings
on a rather nasty Linda Blair imitation) and the symptoms of ECE are just
not there.

We're giving him the chlorampenicol the doc prescribed. He's drinking
water fine, eating some ferret food, and LOVES ensure.  Any other
tips for tackling colitis?

-Lo