From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:53:26 -0400
Hi all:

Thank you, thank you to everyone who has checked out my web page in response
to my request about it's speed.  Since the FML posted I had 50 hits to the
page, and I assume that most (if not all) were FMLers.

Now, the problem is that I got 12 e-mail responses to the speed of my site.
The results were about 50/50.  I got a few that said that my site is one of
the fastest loading sites they've visited, even the My Page part where I
have photos of my kids.

Then I got some responses that said that it was either somewhat slow in
people ALL said that the loading of the LINKS button (but4.gif) at the
bottom of the page was slowing the whole thing down. This makes no sense to
me, but since that seems to be what *everyone* with a problem mentioned, I
have no doubt it's true.

So, for all who have so far responded, THANK you.  If you haven't yet
checked it out, or if you want to help me further, go to my website
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady
and leave me e-mail about how fast/slow it loaded.  If you could also
mention (1) the speed that your modem is connecting, (2) what server you are
using (aol, sprynet, compuserve, etc.), AND (3) what browser you are using
(Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.) then I think I might be able to locate
the problem and solve it for all who visit the site.  Sorry to keep asking
for help here, but I really hate going to others' sites, wait ten minutes
for their page to load, and find out the site isn't what I was looking for.
I swore that I wouldn't do that with my page.

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM