From:
Erica Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:05:13 EST
I have a ferret, Buster, with a weepy eye.  It began late Tuesday night
and by Wednesday, I knew there was a problem.  I took him to the vet and
she examined his right eye, the other eye seems fine.  She said that there
did not seem to be any damage to the cornea but that it appeared he had
conjunctivitis.  The mucous membranes are red and there is a greenish
mucousy discharge.  Until today, Friday, there were no other symptoms.
Today, he started to sneeze or cough just a little.  He is eating and
drinking and seems active.  I began feeding soup to be sure he is eating
enough.  He is getting triple antibiotic ointment (neomycin, bacitracin,
and polymyxin) that the vet prescribed.  Is this the right medication?
The other two ferrets seem fine, but is this contagious?  Could I get it?
I have an itchy eye but it could just be my imagination or sympathy
itching LOL.  What else should I be doing?  Should I be worried about the
sneezing/coughing?  Any advice/help is appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Erica & Richard,
Snoball (the dog),
Ripley, Jinx, & Max, (the kitties)
Fitz, Buster, & Milos (the ferrets)