From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 17:16:07 -0700
I have not looked at the ordering page for Midwest. However, I made
my own guards, shelf covers, and walls out of a sheet of solid white
polyethylene that Home Depot sells. It is a 4x8 sheet sold for covering
bad walls. It is easily cut with a razor knife and straightedge or
heavy scissors. Drill pairs of small holes wherever you wish to attach
it and fasten with small zip ties or wires. I learned about this from
Kathy and Barry of the Ferret Nook. I ordered one of their cages and
they had the floors covered with sheets of plastic.

Oh, it is called Plastex. Innovative, huh? It is usually kept at the
rear of the store with other wall coverings, and it costs about $21.
That's a lot of surface covering for your money. Small scraps can be
used for non-scratching pot scrapers or poop scrapers, and a slightly
larger piece can be a poop scooper if you round the corners to match
the litter pans. The plastic is very washable. The worst stains come
off with washing and some Clorox Clean-Up. I have large 20x36 inch
pieces covering all the floors of the Quality Cages. Just roll it up
some and slide it in. I have also used it on the inside of the doors
of the Ferret Nation cage when I have a cage biter in there.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends,Inc.
Tucson AZ