From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 02:15:35 -0400
I had many people from the western part of the country contact me
contact information had suggestions in reference to this situation.
Ferret people never cease to amaze me. When someone is in trouble and
needs help, the ferret community is always ready to do whatever they
can.

I have tried to reply to everyone that wrote to me to thank them for
their response, and also to update them on the situation.

Fortunately, the owner of the ferret was able to make contact with some
of the right people, and things are now falling into place for the
ferret to be turned over to someone who will drive the ferret to the
border, and to safety. Right now, all focus is in getting the ferret
to safety. Any other legal issues will be considered later, at the
family's discretion.

Unfortunately, the young man who owned the ferret will not be able to
keep his companion, and he is extremely sad about that. But even he
realizes getting the ferret to safety, and not putting in additional
jeopardy, is the right thing to do. My hope for him is that he can
find another pet that will love him, and that will not require him to
break the law.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that this whole situation
looks like it will have a positive end from the ferret's perspective.

Danee DeVore
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
See - http://www.ferretadv.com/
Owner of The Clay Ferret
Quality Kits Raised With Love
Color Logo TCF