From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:57:11 -0500
I wrote about Byte-me and Kodo not bonding and several people wrote
directly expressing similar experiences.

Last night the two were out on the family room floor, Byte-me was playing
in her favorite Wal-Mart bag and Kodo began to join.  Byte-me nuzzled to
him in effort to play but he retracted and then attacked in anger and
left.  It left here bewildered some but noticeably rejected.  Sad.  Kodo
is an Alpha male and just does not want her attention.  Byte-me is such a
sweet little girl and is willing to play and bond but Kodo is 'Macho' and
won't allow it.  I give Byte-me extra attention but it doesn't make up
for it.

Since Nib has gone neither one will go to the old favorite hidey hole
under the love seat.  One could always find them rolled in a ball in a
towel under the love seat but now neither will go there at all costs.

I have a box about 10" cube with an old pillow case in there, Byte-me
crawls in and makes it her home and sleeps in there allot.  But in the
cage she retires to a tunnel hammy and Kodo goes to a hand made hammy on
the third floor leaving the 6th floor to Byte-me all by herself.  She
used to get into a sleeping bag fleece lined hammy up there but that is
also abandoned where she and Nib would ball up in there.

Maybe in time they will grow to bond but isn't expected.  Life goes on,
they are fine and happy.  Glad to have them just the same.

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo
Missing Podo, Bud and Nibble-ed