From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 21:59:58 EDT
This morning I woke up to my youngest ferret Newman throwing up.  I took
the cover off the ferrets cage and he continued to throw up.  He went down
each level stopping to vomit.  When each reached the bottom floor he tried
to hide himself under the poop paper on the bottom of the cage still
throwing up.  I let him out and again I heard him under my bed gagging.  I
put him in my pet carrier and took him to the vet.  He stayed at the vets
office all day while I was at work.  The vet called me several times during
the day to let me know that Newman had been x rayed and checked out.  Dr.
Apple could not find anything wrong with my baby.  Newman has a VERY bad
habit, he eats clothes, socks, underwear, panty hose, my couch, hammocks,
etc.  He has done this for five months now.  I try to stop him, but he
continues to chomp away.  I give Newman at least a quarter of a teaspoon of
Laxatone each night.  The vet said he could find no obstructions.  If he
continues to throw up the vet has suggested a barium test.

Has anyone else gone through this with their ferts?  I have five ferrets,
Oscar, Bailey, Elle and Lilly.  Newman is the only one that eats clothes,
and the only one that throws up.  Any suggestions?

In January I had my Bailey Boy tested for heartworms.  The vet had to shave
his leg and then his neck to draw blood.  Bailey's hair did not grow back
until about two weeks ago when he got his spring coat.  He is now a
beautiful blonde color.  Bailey was my only ferret that grew a new coat
this year.

I can relate 100% to the person that wrote in yesterday with the husband
that just tolerates her ferts.  This morning my husband took a shirt out
of the closet that had been dry cleaned only to find a big whole in the
front of the shirt.  I guess Newman was hungry.  He went to put it in the
garbage,*%&$#'ing and stepped in ferret poop.  I guess Oscar could not find
the poop paper.  Oh well, I love my ferts, what else can I say!

God Bless,

Carol Voivedich, Oscar Ferret, Bailey Boy, Newman, Elle Mae and Sweet Lilly