From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 01:34:04 -0500
Hi,
I am just about to finish a very (?) book, Kindred Spirits, best described
by the words on the cover.

How the REMARKABLE BOND between HUMANS & ANIMALS, can change THE WAY WE
LIVE
Written by Allen M. Schoen  D.V.M.,., M.S.

Got it from a book club, (ONE SPIRIT) but it can be found at www.half.com
also.  "Thanks Troy Lynn for suggesting i look there, i am also going to
look for his other publication.  Love, Miracles and Animal Healing.  I am
sure that it will be just as good and spiritually uplifting for animal
lovers as the first.

For those of you who have not read it, i suggest check the library for it,
or borrow it from a friend, just in case you are not as avid a reader as i
am, or just buy it!

This veterinarian, also leaves his email address to contact him with
stories of your own to tell him about!  Read the book first...then you will
understand where he is coming from.

It was hard for me to put it down, and yes i am also a bathroom reader,
when necessary, i have so little free time otherwise...breaktime, and
bathroom or like this evening, when everyone else is sleeping...it is
nearly 2:20 a.m., for me, and i w/b readying myself to deliver my
newspapers in a few hours...so why not just stay up and finish what ever
else that i can do w/out disturbing others.

i have decided that my ferrets, all 24 remaining, need to be able to free
roam, that means more work for me when i get home, but...they are much
happier, than being caged for prolonged periods of time, and i found that
they tend to get into less mischief that way.  (mom's stress level @ work,
w/slow shift changers has dropped considerably also).  I have to do a head
count periodically to make sure everyone is okay, and we are all still
here, and not somewhere where we do not belong...but we are working things
out, i have a few barriers, they do have restricted roam, but lots of room
for them.  I got great pictures of Jasper (my cat) and Fenris ( one of my
ferrety boys), sharing a nap in a small wicker cat bed that i got from Big
Lots..for all of $4.  I do not have much furniture, as they cat condos,
tree, cage (still up for hammies etc), has taken over, but our house is so
small that we can sit at the dining table to view telly anyway.  (big
screen, so even those of us who are nearsighted do not have much trouble
watching animal planet, from a distance).

Since they have gotten free roam, i have taken the papasan frame
downstairs, taken the big cushion, and placed it on the floor, and a round
doggie bed on top, and a blankie or 2 for nap time, and found that i can
be at eye level w/my fur children!!!  and they love it, i just lay there
to see who will come to me, wanting attention or play time.  i have dog
and cats too, and well all share the bed.  it is great and comfy...i am
building a bond with my animals, that i will always carry throughout my
life with me, deeper than the ocean is deep.  Try it sometime..if u haven't
already...and the book too!!!

Sorry for such a long post..most of the time, i am usually looking for
advice, or prayers...

Thinking of all the bright stars in tonights sky, the ferret angels who
watch over us on this earthly planet, and also those who have ill fur
children...or even the lost.  all of you who devote your time to running
ferret shelters, having 24 i know is a lot of work, having more, i cannot
imagine, you are all dedicated angels.  I wish i could do something to
help you all

Sincerely
Donna and her furry children