From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:54:39 -0400
Anne writes:
>A possible alternative to simply not allowing these ferrets into shows or
>severely penalizing them is to only allow then to be shown in specialty
>and alter classes.  I'm not going to be the person to tell a ferret owner
>that their deaf, sweet tempered, gorgeous, well maintained MF blaze can't
>be shown.

An excellent possible solution.  I would go one further and not have
blaze/panda specialities.  That doesn't mean one couldn't show a blaze or
panda--show them in the ring of their color type.  For example, a blaze
chocolate in a chocolate ring would not have points deducted for the blaze.

And also:
>All that said, I WOULD like to see shows become less centered on breeding
>and more centered on ferrets as a pet and a forum for the exchange of
>information on health and maintainenece.

Hear! Hear!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH