From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:28:10 EST
I realize that some people are stressed out, even depressed around the
holidays.  I also see that just because it's Christmas doesn't mean that
the day to day passing of beloved ones ceases.  Some times when we read
the FML and talk to friends it seems like these bad times are magnified
times ten around this time of year.  Its not that more ferrets die, or
that more bad things happen this time of year than any other.  I think
we have this kid in us who has the high hopes and expectations that
Christmas should be ... pure.  You know, so special, and without tragedy.
So when a tragedy does occur, it seems to hit us so much harder.

I was discussing this with Kat Parsons.  I was at unrest because someone
I care about so much (Rebecca McFalane) lost her kit today, one week
before Christmas.  I felt for her.  I felt for the baby ferret.  Kat said
something.  Something that had a huge impact on me.  When she said it, I
felt this enormous weight lifted off my shoulders.  I can't explain it.
And whats really powerful about this occurance with me, is that I'm not
very religious.  So I thought maybe... if I shared it, it might help
someone else.  I know it was one of the best Christmas presents ever when
Kat gave me this.

So here is the foundation for what she said to me.  It's a quote she
heard at a funeral:

 ----------------
When you want a bouquet for your table, you go out into your garden and
pick the best flowers for it...

When God wants a bouquet for His table, He also goes out and picks the
best.

Kats reply back to me when I told her about my sadness and unrest about
tragedies and losses during the Christmas season, was a very simple and
eloqent one.....

" maybe it is because God wants special people and babies with Him for
His Christmas..."

Wolfy

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/