From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:09:00 +0100
>Adrienne Boerger wrote:-
>Does anyone have any advice on taking care of the injury or know whether or
>not the toenail will grow back?  It looked like the entire thing had come
>off.  Ugh.  Has this ever happened to anyone?  Should I clean it or just
>leave it alone?

A couple of years ago I accidentally trapped McCoy's front paw under a
door, he had a claw ripped out, he yelled and it bled a lot but we stopped
the bleeding with soft soap.  A 5 minutes later he was bouncing around with
his brothers and sister as if nothing had happened.  The nail when it first
grew back was very thick but now it's just like all his other nails.  I
think that a ferret would have to lose the the toe from the first joint for
the nail not to grow back.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 4 July, 1998)
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron & Carnath