Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:54:19 -0700
Albi left us @ approximately 8:30 am this morning. I was fortunate to
have the support of some very dear , intuitive and supportive friends
who were able to help me cope as well as clarify what I thought he
wanted me to do. He didn't want any more of me pushing him to go on.
I had a complete set up on the coffee table due to my current leg cast
and kept him comfy in a laundry basket. Every couple hours he got
herbs, fluids, baby food which I mostly had to force down him. I gave
him massages, anything I thought would help. I told him of the Bridge
and who was waiting there to greet him. He told me that nothing would
have helped him keep his life,....and Judith confirmed that. He did not
want anything to help him cross. All he wanted was to be held and given
some pain meds and water and that is what he got. I held him in my arms
all night long as his breathing rasped and then normalized.

I receivved a number of emails that described all the symptoms Albi
had. A no symptom double adrenal which causes the glands to pump out
two different types of hormones and does not always show symptoms. It
affects the prostate causing painful urination and greenish poo....
exactly what happened to Albi. He was not well enough to survive
surgery anyway. Fine one day and face down the next...Thank you
Marshall Farms for another life lost because of your crappy
practices....I would just love to know the stats of MF ferrets that
have fallen to this dreaded adrenal.

In addition to his ferret friends, there is a special mink named Ange
that will help him acclimate to the Bridge. She will help you Alb's.

Albi was very special. He was Sam the cat's best buddy and I have
priceless pictures to remember him by. He came all the way down from
Massachusetts after April Armstrong rescued him from a Petco that
decided he wasn't appealling to the customers any more,,...not cute
enough at the ripe old age of 12 weeks. Is it any wonder rescuers come
to detest people in general.....not going there...that's not what this
post is about. I can only hope he returns to me one day. It does not
help that I have x number of ferrets still in my group..funny how some
people think that way. Thanks to all that cared enough to email and
give me some sortt of answer and to MAC and Judith for the support.

Sadly,

Kim

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.