From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:51:10 EST
>I'd like to ask that is it just me, or are most of the champion show
>ferrets images I've seen of 'bulldog' ferrets these days?  The stocky
>build seems to be really focused on in most of the ferret breeder sites
>I've seen, tho most also don't call them 'bulldogs'

Oh I agree Melissa, seems like if you have a standard built ferret, or
whippet like built ferret you sure don't stand a snow balls in you know
what chance of actually winning in many shows.  lol.  I think lots of
people really love the look of the wider face... its very cute and
adorable to some (but not all).  For sure many private breeders stock is
very robust.  I think that comes from late neutering, and I think that
possibly comes from having English and German lines in the background too,
no?  I've seen pics of extreme bulldog builds though in some ferrets, and
it is a little different than what wins shows.  The more extremely built
ferrets do have shorter legs and such... and that does not win at shows.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: