Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 10:09:19 -0600
Hello
I am fairly new to actual ferret ownership.  I am a CVT and knew how much
work and time was involved which is why I never had gotten one before.  I
had a friend with one that was trying to find a new home for him and they
had no luck finding it.  I one day asked them if they had found him a
home and when they said no I said OK.

Ferret math took over right away.  K OS is a little boy that had been
raised alone.  I have cats and he was trying to make friendly with them
and they were like MOM what is it...get it away... So the search began
and I found a little girl called Babbette.  She came home and moved right
into his little heart.  They never had a serious fight once.  In about
two weeks Babette moved in with K OS.  Then here comes two new boys.(dec
31st) Mr. Moto and Mr. Soto.  Well K OS is not a fighter by nature
however his home is his.  first both boys took after him together so mom
took care of that fight.  Now only one of the new kids is let out at a
time.  K OS has decided to stand guard at the home front and stay in his
cage waiting to kick out any intruders... After one fight in the cage the
new very aggressive boy stays out pretty good and the none aggressive boy
can go in with permission.  The very aggressive boy made the mistake of
assuming K OS was King and tried to challenge Babette.... to his dismay
he got his little butt kicked and now when she faces him he backs right
up...LOL He has already had two time outs.  IN less then 24 hours here.
He also learned that Babette may be queen but that in the end who is boss
(ME).  I don't pull rank as often as some think I should and make them
behave as some people would.  Well these little boys have never been
litter box train and had the whole bottom of the cage with pine chips for
litter....SO here I go potty training two more.  Babette was not fully
trained either and does really well now.

Lona