From:
Jennifer Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 22:09:02 -0400
I know I'm probably going to get flamed here for this, so before I ask my
question, I want to preface it with this: We love our ferrets and are
ALWAYS very careful with them.

We were washing our ferrets today.  One of them, Ziggy, was finished being
washed and we were in the process of drying him.  It was then that Ziggy
decided that he had had enough of this washing business and started to sqirm
in the towel pretty crazily.  My husband put him back down in the tub until
he could calm down, and his arm (apparently from the twisting and turning in
the towel) was twisted REALLY BADLY as if it was out of it's socket!!!!!  I
started freaking out.  My husband gently picked him back up and tried to
ease it back in and he said it went in VERY easily.  Ziggy, although he
seemed a bit uncomfortable, never squealed like he was in serious pain (like
you would expect from having your arm come out of it's socket).  He put him
back down and he was walking fine like nothing had happened!

Is there such a thing as a double-jointed ferret?  What the hell happened
here?!?!  I've never heard or seen anything like this (nor do I hope to ever
see it again...I was REALLY REALLY scared!)

-Jennifer Stuart