Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:38:33 -0800
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>Eleanor, prostate inflammation in ferrets is secondary to adrenal
>disease and removing the bad adrenal is typically curative.

We currently have two ferrets who have both had surgery AND are on
lupron AND continue to have prostatee inflammation.  Surgery/lupron
is not curative for all ferrets.

There was an article in the most recent Vet Clinics of North America
publication showing how to remove the prostate.  We're now looking into
this surgery. :-(

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org