From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:43:41 -0600
Since there seems to be a thread about treats I thought that I would add in
a few things that my monsters have decided are essential to daily life.
(Disclaimer: A few of these4 might not be all that good for ferrets, but in
moderation seem to be okay.  Not if they knock over the treat box and gore
themselves, it can be very BADDDD, but any treat would have that effect...)

1.  Yogurt drops, Veggie Drops, Honey Drops - These have always been
favorites.  They are for small animals like hamsters, but one a day will not
hurt a ferret as far as I can tell.  They are a cow milk based product so
they can be hard to digest.  But they hear that treat box open, even if you
do it as quiet as possible and they are there.  These also freeze very well.

2.  Fruit Loops - A newly discovered delicacy at my home.  The motto is now:
WE WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET FRUIT LOOPS.  If I don't have some fruit loops
handy when I am eating cereal, I have two faces in my bowl hunting for the
prized treat.  They hear ANY cereal box crinkle and they are there looking
at you will those sad, pathetic eyes saying, "Please feed us fruit loops."

3.  Root Beer and Banana Pop-syckles (that is hopelessly spelled wrong.  I
am a Comp Sci Major and not an English Major - thank goodness.)  My youngest
loves then.  He will eat the whole thing if you let him.  I hardly get any.
I almost need to get out two at a time one for me and one for him.

Katie, Ian McFerret, and the Cloud-man
--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Computer Science Lecturer, Carroll College

May Kodo's Light Shine for the Whole World to See

        "Some people think that the sins of Gluttony, Lust,
        Sloth, Pride, Wrath, Envy and Greed are the scourge
        of humanity.  But personally, I think the 8th sin
        of Stupidity is the one to watch out for..."