From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:57:06 -0500
Paige,

I totally understand the feeling. One thing we have done that has
proven successful this past month was a bowling fundraiser.

A local alley gave up their normal open bowling night, to help organize
a fundraiser, they provided shoe rental, unlimited bowling, pizza,
salad, Bavarian cream puffs, and even a few door prizes.

We made up raffle baskets, some ferret, some cat, some dog, bath
baskets, a few alcohol baskets and a lottery frame (a nice frame with
$20 worth of lottery tickets in it), and a 50/50.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to get most of the stuff for baskets
donated, but we still were able to make enough to pay for one months
worth of food, and woodstove pellets.

It was fun, and we had people from all walks of life.

What was even better, one of our board members handled 90% of it and I
didn't have to feel super extra stressed out.

Oh yeah, even I enjoyed myself!!

jean
Jean Caputo-Lee
Director