Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 12:47:08 -0700
We had a baby ferret- barely 3 months old, an adorable little cinnamon
girl. We had let her out in our master bedroom to play with Sophie
our older ferret. An hour later she had disappeared. We spent hours
frantically searching for her all over the house ( we thought she had
somehow escaped the baby gate we had set up). Over 3 days we tore our
house up looking for her. I even searched around the house and cut the
insulation under the house, worried that she was trapped. We had given
up hope when, on the fourth night, our daughter came out of the bedroom
and said she couldn't sleep because of the ferret scratching. We
assumed it was our other ferret but when I listened it was coming from
the closet. When I opened the closet out came our baby ferret- hungry
and thirsty but otherwise fine. We were relieved beyond belief! We had
left the closet door open off and on during the 4 days. Perhaps she was
stuck under something- I don't know. Morals of this story: don't give u
hope, leave out food and water, and leave all drawers and doors open so
they can get out.

Stephen