From:
"William (Andy) Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:48:08 -0800
RE: Jenna Morasca on swheat litter

> If anyone knows if swheat scoop is OK for ferrets let me know soon!

I've not used Swheat Scoop, but I've had great success with CareFresh pet
litter.  I did make the mistake of using cat litter, and it was a terrible
disaster because the warm fuzzies snorted the stuff and gagged on the
dust from the cat litter.  My suggestion would be to see if the stuff you
intend to use is 'dusty'.  If it is a 'wheat/chaff' type product, I
suspect it's wonderful cat litter, but not so good for vacu-nose weasles.
If you poke your finger into a sample and the finger is 'dusty' or has
'Swheat Scoop' bits on your skin, please consider an alternative product.
I suspect you'll have many responses with many wonderful alternatives.

Under the morals of 'full disclosure', I do work at the Absorbent plant
where CareFresh is made, but I used it on my warm fuzzies for five or six
years (switching from 'ick' newspaper) before I came to work at the plant.
More info on Carefresh @ http://www.absorbent.com/careFRESH.htm, and one
pet store in Seattle began to carry it as a new product since I looked for
it specificly, and it continued to sell well for them.

I look forward to hearing about other successful products that are out
there besides the one I happen to be working for at the moment.

--Romaq