From:
Steve and Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:01:01 -0500
>I personally don't understand how they'll be able to compete with the
>lower prices of Purina and Friskies without changing their food
>significantly.

I have read several postings about this subject and I'm wondering why does
it only have to be about competing with other products?  Just because Iams
has decided to branch out into stores other then pet stores or feed stores
doesn't mean they need to compete with other brands....... isn't it
possible that they are just trying to make their product more accessable to
the public.They already have a following and people who buy their product
aren't going to change just because it has been introduced into other
stores.......... that would be silly if people wanted a cheaper pet food
they wouldn't bother buying Iams period much less going out of their way
to purchase it instead they would just buy Purina or Friskies or any other
cheap food when they did their regular shopping such as in the grocery
store etc.  My point is they don't have to lower their standards to compete
all that will happen is Iams will be more readily available to the people
who already use the product.  I just went grocery shopping today and my
store has already started carrying Iams and believe me they have not
lowered their prices to compete with any other pet food.  It is still as
expensive as it was when I purchased it in a pet store only difference
being I can cut out the extra trip just to get pet food.

I just don't understand why it has to be about competing when people
already purchase the product to feed to their animals and the temptation
of cheaper food has always been there and they still buy Iams or Eukanuba.
This is just my observation and opinion!!!!!!

Diane,wiggles,cocoa and daddy too!!!