Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:33:09 -0400
On the F.A.C.T. website is a wonderful, extensive, heartfelt writing
by Vanessa Gruden concerning "Letting Go".

http://www.ferret-fact.org/Letting.htm

I recommend reading it, not only for those who are currently struggling
with the question of whether or not to help their little ones to the
Bridge, but as a reminder of the real connection we have to our
ferrets, and what we owe to them for the life of joy they've shared
with us. When they do become terminally ill, they rely fully on us
to help them pass from this world before all they know is pain and
suffering. As hard as it is for us to let go, I believe that it is
also the last and greatest act of love that we can show to them. And
I also believe that we owe it to them to be by their side at the end,
so that they can hear our voice and smell our scent as they pass on to
the next world.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna