From:
Kelly Beaman & MaryAnn Vogt-Beaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:49:59 -0400
>From:    Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Just wondering, those ferts in Japan needing a home, do they have
>Oriental like eyes?

I once had a Japanese Akita (dog) which did not appear to have an ocular
structure resembling those of its human counterparts.  She did, however,
bow to me every morning before going to her bowl of rice, chopsticks in
hand.

Anyway, I suppose ferrets should probably be referred to as "Asians,"
not "Orientals," following the proper label for humans, since we are
all so label happy.  The latter would be more commonly applied to things
such as food or other cultural artifacts.