From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:41:59 EST
Yes after 3 years Ferrets Etc. is trying to get up and running again.
my children are of an age where they can help some and Quentin who just
turned 5, goes to school now (preschool) so I have time when he is gone
in the morning to clean and such.  Rhiannon just turned 3 yrs and loves
the ferrets as much as me and animals for that matter.  She will follow
in my footsteps I belive, she loves to help me clean and feed and is
better with ferrets than most adults.  She is amazing, I sorry to brag
and bore people but for a just turned 3 year old she is amazing.  And
has even sat with a ferret on her lap who was sick just petting him and
loeing him until his passing, I was amazed I tryed to get him away but it
is as if she knew and just comforted him.  Anyway I am looking for any
Colorado folks who are interested in helping with the rescue or helping
me with starting the newsletter again and club meetings.  Plus fund
raising help, I have paid all the medical on ferrets for the past 3 years
and need to fund raise now that I am expanding into a full rescue again
because honestly we are barely surviving as is.  Like most rescues :-)

I am excited and suprised to be back I had planned on a longer break but
have had so many calls from vets and animal shelters who want me to come
back to the rescue world, so after being suprised and flattered I decided
it was time.  Now I still have done a real small rescue over the past few
years but feel i can do more now.  I already have 18 old guys looking for
placement.  Anyway Again anyone interested in helping please give me an
e-mail.

Stephanie Sheme President Ferrets Etc.