From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:51:54 -0400
I know that there are people here who are handicapped or have
handicapped family members. It's not a surprise since ferrets are
smaller and they help some people who are dealing with imposed
limitations, just think of Sean and Rocky, or Frances and Gyno, or
Lucy Gwinn and her ferrets.

Enclosed is a link which goes to a sequence from Wipeout with our
friend, and our ferrets' friend, especially our shy Telemna.

Steve's heard privately that seeing this has brightened the day of some
people with mobility handicaps, and the parent of one child wrote a
message to the blog about how it let her child feel better abut her own
awkwardness to see a professional athlete happily encounter things she
couldn't do (and with Colleen's high center of gravity that was pretty
well ensured).

http://tingilinde.typepad.com/starstuff/2008/08/colleen-on-wipe.html

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: