From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:11:53 EST
Well, since I have a few minutes before going to my doctors appt I thought
I would write a quick post.  Yes, before my SO left me I was out of work
for 3 1/2 weeks, they ar still doing bloodwork and stuff just to try to
figure out how to get me back on track, I think my vet could treat me
better, LOL.  Well, at least he waited until I was back to work before
leaving.

First, thanks, thanks and big hugs to all who have helped the shelter by
sending donations, and by having auctions, and by lending moral support!
Wow, when I told my vet about it and gave her a few checks she said that
you all must be the best group of ferret people in the world.  she has
never seen a group of animal people reach out to help one another like you
all have done for me.  I told her that its done for all in need, and yes
they are the greatest group of fuzzybutt lovers anywhere.

I can't even put in to words how much better you all have made me feel, and
the ferts thank you for making their mom feel better, I'm not so grouchy
about having my toes nipped!!!

My theory on toe biting, ferrets are reincarnated old wild west gunslingers
that used to make people dance while shooting at their feet, now all they
have to use is their teeth.  "Dance for me baby."

OK now more serious stuff, update on the sick ferts:
Spicoli had her adrenal sx, and a huge spleen popped out when we opened her
up, so that went bye bye also.  Her rt adrenal was OK, but her left was
real bad.  It was attached to a major artery and we couldn't get it all,
we are sending it in for a biopsy, it was real ugly.  hoping its not the C
word.  She is stable today and with her little friend Whitey.

little Bandi Girl had 3 mass removals, one large ugly on the side of her
face, (sending in for bio also), 1 under her chin, and one on her ear, lost
part of it.  Shes stable today and back with her friends Val and hozel, who
has cancer but on meds and doing OK.  they are looking at her like she is
Frankenferret!  not ready for her close up yet!

Dusty's still feeling bad, her fasting glucose was just a little low, so
not insuloma.  she does have a thickening in her abd so will do rad and
maybe an ultrasound when I get caught up.  Shes on pred, (which I use on my
ferts with no problems, sometimes you have no choice), and sq fluids and
abs.  I guess its the waiting game for now.

Snugglesaurus my 11 yr old fert is starting to take the road to the rainbow
bridge it seems, hes drinking and eating but losing some weight and some
hair.  Hes such a kissy face, just wants to snuggle!  hes on nutrical,
supplements, etc.

Keish, the split spleen removal fert is doing great, Yeah!!!!!!  Hoot,
another adrenal sx survivor has had a very nasty vaginal discharge and abs
aren't working so we are sending in an C/S on it and started her on oral
batril now.

Odie a fert that was turned in for getting aggressive, (which he seems ok
here), was checked out to see if he had any medical problems that could
have caused his temperament to change.  Well, besides being a fat butt, no
significant findings.  We can only guess he is a little weird because the
previous owners said that her brother used to get the ferret high on pot
and he may have some brain dysfunction because of this.  god knows what
else they did to him.  Some people really tick me off.  he looks like the
Coca Cola bears!  Well, I thinks that all of it!  I may be leaving a few
out, but I tried!

Again thanks to all! Kiss your little furbabies for me, even though I don't
know them I love them all.

And to Hog who went over the Rainbow Bridge last week, your sisters Spicoli
and Whitey miss ya, and so do I.

Dooks to all,
CJ and the Las Vegas medically challenged ferret brat pack.
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter