From:
to Jeanine Mileskie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:16:08 EDT
Hello everyone.  I have subscribed the the FML for over a year now, the
info is great.  I just wanted to tell a story about a great women, Donna
Spirito at the Educated Ferret.

A friend of mine Tina had bought a ferret bandit and wanted to get him a
friend.  A teacher called her and asked he if she wanted her two ferrets.
She of course said yes.  When the teacher droped off the ferrets she told
her they have spent the winter in the cellar, they didn't have names and
she didn't know how old they were.  When she picked up one of them she was
all bone.  This one was named Scarlet.  the other one was named Tabitha.
She imidiatly called me, only because she knew I had two ferrets.  I gave
her Donna's phone number.  She called donna and went right over there.
Donna took Scarlet and immidiatly started checking her out.  She was
dehydrated, had earmites, ulsers, malnutrician, and a privite infection.
Donna treated her for most the the problems and they gave up one of her
spots at the vet on Tue.  so she could bring Scarlet.  I went over during
the day to feed Scarlet duck soap every 3 hours.  Within the first day she
was looking much better.  The vet wanted Tina to feed her every three hours
for a week.  This was kind of hard because Tina and her husband work full
time.  Donna told her she would ferret sit for her for that week.  I
thought that was very nice of Donna to do.  If it wasn't for Donna this
little girl most likly wouldn't have made it.  I really thought Donna did
a great job and I wanted to say thanks.

Bandit kept looking over at the girls saying why can't I play with them.
It was really cute.  I can't wait till we can have a ferret play day with
my two ferrets and Scarlet, Tabitha and Bandit.

Thank you Donna
Jeanine, Mad Max and Spazoid Brianna